Please find the following tips for a successful personal injury case.
- Make sure your vehicle is in prime working condition. Get a diagnostic every six months and keep a copy of the mechanic’s report in your vehicle.
- Don’t wait for the other party to file a police report. You should get a record of the accident as soon as you can.
- If you feel hurt in any way, go to the doctor. Many injuries escalate over time. A serious injury may be exacerbated by neglecting to go to a doctor. Not only that, but the sooner you have a record of the medical impact the easier it will be to set up your argument for damages (do you see the trend yet?).
- Get a trusted attorney to review your case. You want someone that is going to work with you and to support you.
- Use the attorney as a liaison. The insurance company or others will try to get you to make statements or sign documents that might harm your case. An experienced attorney can help you avoid this primary mistake many people make.
- Keep your own record. Don’t just rely on your attorney to handle your case. If a representative calls you from the other side make a note of it. Keep a log of the new difficulties you face. Send an update to your attorney weekly or as often as you and your attorney agree.